Are you aware of new healthy diets and the recipes that are delicious yet easy to make? If you are obese or slightly overweight you mos likely have tried all types of diets. Starving yourself to shed some pounds just isn’t the way to go, nor is abruptly decreasing your food intake a good practice for your body. Take it easy and go light with new healthy diets; start by consuming foods that are heavy enough to last you throughout your activities and light enough to decrease the number on your scale. Here are a few suggestions from our new healthy diets and a new you!
For a change, try these easy-to-cook, new healthy diets and recipes that go light on you but heavy on the important nutrients that you need:
Healthy Red Ragu Pasta
– Extra virgin olive oil
– 1 Big can of stewed tomatoes
– 1Whole garlic, minced
– 1 Medium-sized onion, minced
– 1 Whole bell pepper, sliced into strips
– ½ Cup chicken broth
– 5 Leaves, fresh basil
– 1 Pack of Linguini Pasta noodles
– Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté garlic and onions until slightly cooked add bell peppers and stewed tomatoes. Stir for 2 minutes and add in chicken broth, then stir for another 2 minutes. Mix in fresh basil and stir. Leave to stew in low heat for about an hour. Stir around occasionally. Pour over pasta to serve.
*This meal is filled with tomatoes that are rich in lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants. Eat a serving and you will feel recharged for the whole day ahead.
As meals do not go quite complete without a sumptuous dessert, you could also try this refreshing tropical treat:
Frozen Pineapple-Peach Yogurt
– 1 Cup orange juice
– 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
– 1 Cup water
– 1 Tbsp powdered unflavored gelatin
– 1 Cup crushed pineapple
– ½ Can sliced peaches
– 1 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Combine the orange juice and sugar and boil until dissolved. While waiting, pour water in a small cup with the gelatine and wait for it to soften. When the juice is done boiling, stir in the gelatine until dissolved and set aside to cool.
- Mix the pineapples and yogurt in a blender and puree. Pour in the orange juice while the motor runs and let to blend for a few seconds. Pour the yogurt into a bowl and store in a freezer. When ice crystals form, mix several times with a fork.
- Serve the frozen yogurt from the freezer half hour before serving and mix again with a fork. Place in individual bowls and mix in peaches.
*Pineapple is a rich source of phytochemicals and vitamin C while peaches are also a good source of fiber and antioxidants.
New healthy diets do not have to be a chore. Going on a healthy diet is not an easy task; it requires a lot of determination and self-control for you to be able to finally get rid of your plus size clothing. Don’t push yourself too hard on diets that you can’t commit to as it can only leave you frustrated when they fail and you may end up with episodes of ‘emotional eating or bingeing.’ Go light on yourself, eat light and see yourself get light.